BB-18, BB-30 come standard with 1 aquastat well.
BB-50-G, BB-80-3W, & BB-119-3W include 3 aquastat wells for precise temperature measurement, especially for geothermal applications.
BB-80-C includes a carbon steel internal coil and 1 aquastat well. This feature allows for flexibility in design. Design applications include; hydronic buffer tank/heat supplemented by solar, geothermal, or wood boiler.
*Boiler Buddy tanks are not for use with potable water.
Boiler Buddy is a division of Hot Water Products Inc. The Boiler Buddy buffer tank line was designed by owners of HWP, Howard Endres and Gregory “Jack” Daniels, after they discovered a need while working closely with contractors in the field to overcome short cycling in low-mass boiler installations to improve efficiency and longevity.
Boiler Buddy Features
- Aquastat Control Well included for precise temperature measurement for heating and geothermal systems.
- Air Eliminator built into the top of tank provides optimal air elimination for the whole system.
- Boiler Buddy provides hydro separation, making piping design simple.
- Full port boiler drain valve allows easy sediment removal and also works exceptionally well for fast filling the system.
- Designed with large nipples to provide better flow that is easier on equipment, more efficient, and allows for better mixing in tank.
- ¾” full port ball valve now upgraded to a ¾” Webstone Ball Valve with integrated hose bib fitting which allows for fast and easy drainage
Boiler Buddy includes the following components:
- Premium high capacity air eliminator
- All necessary nipples
- Premium full port boiler drain
- Brass hose bushing
- Brass aquastat dry well(s) – 1 or 3 depending on model
Warning: This unit is NOT suitable for non-oxygen barrier tubing.
Boiler Buddy Specifications
|Model||Dimensions – Height||Dimensions – Diameter||Capacity U.S. Gallons||Max Pressure PSI|
|BB-30||70 1/2″||14 1/4″||30||75|
|BB-80 (3W)||71 1/4″||23 1/8″||80||75|
|BB-119 (3W)||72 1/2″||27″||119||75|
Secondary Connections NPT Male
|Drain Connections NH(M)||Air Vent NPT||Shipping Weight (lbs)||Number of Sensor Wells|
|BB-80 (3W)||2 1/2″||3/4″||1/2″||128||1|
|BB-119 (3W)||2 1/2″||3/4″||1/2″||217||3|